Just to make this more clear:
1. The print preview (Ctrl + Shift + o) is just a other view of the
document, and doesn't open a dialog
2. The print dialog (Ctrl + p), which contains a little preview too.

Am 02.02.2016 um 20:38 schrieb V Stuart Foote:
@jmux, *

Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote
Now there is the nit-pick, that the page number isn't adjusted, if the
user changes the "print empty pages" setting. We also don't adapt the
page range when toggling the "print empty pages setting". I guess that
would be much more work.

As displayed on the Status bar while in Normal view, and in the Print
Preview mode--right?

No. I was just talking about the print dialog, where you can select the
range of printed documents. As I read your bug, it was about the print
dialog.

But we also have another "nit-pick" related issue with the Navigator,  and
its linked "Jump to Specific Page" box in the Print Preview dialog.  When
Navigating/jumping to one of the blank pages, it gets lost and ends up on
the first page.

That's also not a new problem from the patch, but when I looked for the
crash I originally thought it was related.

And I actually can't use the scroll wheel correctly - just load the odt
from https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/attachment.cgi?id=122351

The scroll bar says it scrolls to page 83, but it actually stops at page
41. This also happens in LO 4.1.

A question that came to my mind: Should we place the "print empty pages"
setting more prominently on the general page near the range selection
like the reverse order checkbox, as it directly affects the print range
selection?

Where? (1) on the Print dialog--where the range selection, reverse order are
located, and *exposed for selection to every print job*; or (2)  more
generically as a setting in the Tools -> Options -> Print panel?   Could be
either of those as opposed to the Tools -> Options -> Writer -> Print: Other
section, where it resides now and is a Writer only configuration.

But, not the Tools -> Options General tab.

Yup (1). It's already in the print dialog on the "LibreOffice Writer"
page. I just want to move it to the general page in the "range and
copies" area. I'm not referring to any settings here.

Obviously we would have to hide it for non-writer documents, as the
general page is AFAIK also used in all other LO programs, which don't
have an "hidden empty page problem".

OTOH this is a Writer only setting. We can still show and hide it on the
general page, depending on the calling document / application. But
probably it's also not needed?

Yes. But again, you mean for the Print dialog and not one of the Tools ->
Options panels?

Yup (1)

Jan-Marek