just as an other data point I want to give you some information, why  we
(as City of Munich) added Calligra Flow to edit flowcharts / ODG based
flow diagrams.

We originally used Kivio in KDE3 and 1 1/2 years ago we were faced with
the problem, that users had a lot of Kivio files, which weren't readable
by any other program then Kivio, As Kivio was part of KOffice, it wasn't
available for KDE4 and long dead.

In the end we wrote a converter to convert kivio to odg. This works
great for us, but we saw two main problems with Draw:

1. Bug 83360, which effected the result of our converted output
2. A much larger standard symbol set in Flow for technical diagrams

From my personal POV, which is of a non-user of these tool, LO probably
just needs an additional interface preset for Flow charts, and a new
"new filetype", just like the special wizards for labels, business cards
etc., and save this custom setting in the odg file.

Just defaulting to an open gallery side bar and enabling the grid makes
Draw look much like known Flow charting programs like MS Visio or Kivio,
which people feel already familiar with.

I didn't check the licenses of dia and calligra flow clip art galleries.
That even may be a good collaboration point and is probably easily fixable.

HTH

Jan-Marek

P.S. I don't see the online searchable, extension based openclipart
gallery as an alternative to a well defined, integrated flowchart
gallery set.