On 13/01/16 12:58, Cor Nouws wrote:

The icon Display Mode is visible by default for me.
(With a clean user profile. If you changed anything in the tool bar in a
previous LibreOffice version, there is a good chance that stuff newly
introduced in 5.1 will not be shown).

The toggle icon is off by default. I have now turned it on by default,
but I have to activate the bar in every presentation (and I usually have
at least a dozen presentation opened at the same time).

although it is not the ideal solution as the reality is that you
activate the mode toolbar as your first action when editing a new

Unless you are a poweruser using the menu.

I am not using keyboard shortcuts, but in any case there isn't any
keyboard shortcut for viewing modes (and basic users will never create
one).

5.1 ? I am confused by your explanation, sorry for that.
Both 5.1 and master have the icon Display Mode visible by default and
the Modes Tab Bar in the menu View.

I switched to 5.0, and then back to 5.1 when I discovered the toggle icon.

I appreciate the new Display Mode icon in the Standard tool bar.
Maybe it could be improved by adding a tick "Show Modes Tab Bar" and/or
that it could be dragged off as floating toolbar (as is the case with
the grouped shapes on the Drawing tool bar.

Although it represents an alternative, it is not what Impress power
users (people producing at least a couple of presentations per week) are
looking for. I have talked with Paolo Pelloni, the most known
presentation trainer in Italy (an Impress power user), and he agrees
with me on the importance of that bar (especially of the "normal" vs
"slide sorter" views).

--
Italo Vignoli - Marketing & PR
mobile +39.348.5653829 - email / jabber italo@libreoffice.org