Hi Andreas,

Andreas Mantke wrote on 12-12-15 19:16:

Due to some issues with the usability of the current website I decided
to work on two new add-ons for the website to solve this issues a time
ago. I worked on that add-ons a lot in my  spare time and finished a
version for Plone 4.3 around the LibreOffice conference in Aarhus. This
add-on versions used five.grok. But this add-on package will not be
actively supported with the current version of Plone, Plone 5.0. Thus I
decided to review my add-ons and drop the five.grok dependency. This
made it necessary to create a lot of changes to the add-ons and nearly
start from scratch. I got a new beta-version of them out now (after some
weeks of work during my spare time).

Looking at these issues, and the fact that you repeatedly emphasize that
you do the work in your free time, I would suggest you to ask the board
to support the work, so that the most can be done in a project by
someone having normal time to do it. And that your, of course fully
understandable limited availability, is no longer a bottle neck. The
site is important enough for such a move, IMO.

I created a new test website, that runs on a new shiny Plone 5.0:
http://vm141.documentfoundation.org:9103/loexttem5/en/extensions

Thanks for that, of course :)
Few remarks:
1) I was thinking about advantage when the split
    Home | Extensions | Templates
is removed. Extensions are the landing page, for what the very vast
majority comes to the site.
A clear Instructions somewhere will be OK for people.

2) The search top-right is fine, but it is not clear that that is the
way to search for an extension..

3) Nearly two years ago we made a functional design for some pages.
Can you give an update (wiki?) on the status of the current work in
relation to that design?

Thanks a lot,
Cor

--