On 2015-11-11 13:46, Bastián Díaz wrote:
El 10-11-2015 20:06, Joel Madero escribió:

As long as you don't remove it from the tool bar. The drop down holds the style used in re-styling a document >>and it is very quick to access during document processing, 2 clicks. In my use case I can't fit the side bar and >>having the panel open all the time in 3 documents obliterates the text I am trying to work on.

Honestly - we can't cover every single corner case....The UX team is
responsible for thinking about the general needs of our users, corner cases
(not saying yours definitely is) should be given the *option* to include
things but we shouldn't force a million defaults on everyone just because certain users use LibreOffice in a very specific case (such as having three
documents side by side open at a time....)

That being said, I leave this to the design/UX team to figure out.

@steve

I agree with Joel, I think the design team must choose a way to work with LO. Anyway, there's always space for personalization, and your case, you can disable the sidebar and customize toolbars.

I think the current way of LibreOffice is the sidebar. We must take into account that most of the monitors used by the users have a 16: 9 ratioalso 3 major OS can use "workspaces" or other form of multitasking.

I leave here the image of the mockup to which I referred: https://bug-attachments.documentfoundation.org/attachment.cgi?id=115020

Cheers

---
Bastián Díaz
https://telegram.me/diazbastian

I am happy for any change as long as customisation is possible, and a valuable feature is not removed but tucked away for power users, like the print directly still being instantly available as a right click and not on the tool bar. I think your proposals are great for the new comer to LO, the more people that get started the better, especially with styles. But for people who need to get through the work (6-8 hours a day in LO) every click or scroll is a disadvantage. I think your mock up is great for new users, but for me I know the name of the style I want, I don't have to see it visually, and the more styles shown at a time without scrolling the better (similar to present). I have a document with over 250 styles in it and could dearly do with some style management tools to simplify things without it turning into a real chore. If less styles are shown then preferred ranking is by most used at the top, or shortcut keys (alt-a to altz etc.) to pick a style without scrolling.
Steve