As long as you don't remove it from the tool bar. The drop down holds the
style used in re-styling a document and it is very quick to access during
document processing, 2 clicks. In my use case I can't fit the side bar and
having the panel open all the time in 3 documents obliterates the text I am
trying to work on.

Honestly - we can't cover every single corner case....The UX team is
responsible for thinking about the general needs of our users, corner cases
(not saying yours definitely is) should be given the *option* to include
things but we shouldn't force a million defaults on everyone just because
certain users use LibreOffice in a very specific case (such as having three
documents side by side open at a time....)

That being said, I leave this to the design/UX team to figure out.

Best,
Joel

--
*Joel Madero*