El 10-11-2015 11:04, Cor Nouws escribió:

If you talk redundancy, that could also be an argument to not at all
have "Apply style" on the properties panel?

Sure. The idea is to improve the panel of styles and formatting, and not add another way to apply styles to the properties panel - which seems to have - another goal. So for me, it would be better to remove "Applying Styles" on the properties panel.

IMO the drop down "Apply Style" in the Formatting tool bar already is great.

I do not say otherwise. it is convenient to operate in a toolbar, not in the sidebar, so I proposed a toolbar like google-docs.

That is part of the discussion: as we do want to improve the use of
styles, then offer them handsome in the Side Bar. Hence they appeared on
the panel Properties in the first place.

I understand, but I think is not the best approach.

I see little relation - but that may change if I understand the idea better.

I can hardly explain it better, but work is closely related as the selection in slide pane in Impress. No visual difference when you select and apply a style, that comes to confuse and really see if a style is applied. It's just a small way of improvement.

Cheers

---
Bastián Dïaz
https://telegram.me/diazbastian