On 06/10/2015 11:18 PM, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
Hi Jay, all,

Le 10/06/2015 22:39, Jay Philips a écrit :
[...]
Wikis are not WYSIWYG and hard to edit. You cant format a wiki similar
to a document.
You can use the Mediawiki extension to write your document in
LibreOffice and push it to the wiki.

You dont have commenting and track changes.
Error: with a wiki you have a complete history of each change since the
creation of the document.
Additionally you have a discussion page to comment.

Likely when the document is fully finished, it would be published to the wiki,
similar to how we are doing with the HIG.
And you will lost the complete history of the document. That is a very
important information and it is a bad idea to rely on Google to keep the
memory of the LibreOffice community. The data of the LibreOffice project
must be stored on TDF servers not elsewhere. The "working in progress"
documents are project data and must be stored on TDF servers.
While I fully respect your opinion - this last statement is just not
correct. We don't use words like "must" in the project when referring to
how other people accomplish their work. The doers get to decide, Jay has
been doing a *lot* of work, he has found a workflow that works for him,
and no one is going to dictate that he change it. That being said, he's
been incredibly accommodating and has shared the document through email
so that others can download it, comment on it, and get their feedback
incorporate, all without affecting your (and others) phobia of google
products.

So I'll respectfully say, there is no "must" - there seems to be a
perfectly acceptable compromise that Jay found. Instead of everyone
wasting their time arguing over what tool we use, maybe just
(suggestion) download the doc that he shared (that is on the wiki), do
your edits, and share it back on the mailing list. The other alternative
is that you or one of the other google haters (which is fine...), take
the document that he shared through email, you create a wiki, and you
guys can edit it on the wiki, then Jay can incorporate those change in
his google doc....again, the doers can decide.

Best,
Joel