Hi all,
Am 04.05.2015 um 15:29 schrieb Jan Holesovsky:
Hi Marketing,

We've recently had a question in the Design team that we don't feel
empowered enough to answer without consulting Marketing:

Should the "application icons" have status of logos?  Ie. should they be
still the same regardless of the icon theme?  Or are they "just" icons,
and should be modified according to the theme?

By the "application icons", I mean:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOffice_icons_256.png

These are apparently in the Tango theme; and from the purely Design
point of view, it would look better if they were consistent with the
icon theme to which LibreOffice is switched (so should be Sifr-like when
LibreOffice works in Sifr; Breeze-like in breeze; etc.)

To see what is meant (Breeze):
https://bug-attachments.documentfoundation.org/attachment.cgi?id=114543

But in case they have status of logos, that is if they represent the
application, I think they should not change, ie. the Writer icon should
still look the same regardless of the theme.

Branding rules [1]:
"Logos that don't represent the LibreOffice software or the Document Foundation, but are related to it in some way, may use the LibreOffice symbol to show the relationship they have to it without adhering to the above guidelines. Examples of derivative logos are logos of the individual LibreOffice modules"

[1]
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Derivative_Logos

--
Grüße