Hi :)
That is an extremely good question.

Even if this thread doesn't result in anything else i hope that more
people in the LibreOffice community DO ask the L10n team for their
thoughts on issues like either of the 2 main questions Caolan is
asking.  I think even just that would be a huge step forwards and it
is very much appreciated.  :))  Thanks Caolan! :)

Sorry i don't have an answer to the actual questions though! :(
Apols and regards from
Tom :)