[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest
- From: Jean-Francois Nifenecker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 20:09:56 +0100
- To: "Charles-H. Schulz" <email@example.com>
- Cc: Sophie <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
I guess you took my words way too personnally. Or I couldn't explain myself clearly enough. So let me rephrase it.
Le 22/12/2014 15:27, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :
Yes, but as you know in French, "criticism is easy, action is more
difficult". So I would have guessed you would have come up with an
actual proposal. Or maybe it was just a warning that you think that it
might lead to problems ?
What I wanted to emphasize it that the cultural difference is very important from a country to another. IOW, what is OK for a Swissman won't do for an Italian and so on. Just /translating/ won't do the trick because the visual aspect of the template is culturally defined and *can't* be translated: it has to be thoroughly rethought which is a whole job by itself.
Any other word is pure verbiage.
Jean-Francois Nifenecker - Bordeaux
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest