Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest

Le lundi 22 décembre 2014 à 15:13 +0100, Sophie a écrit :
> Hi,
> Le 22/12/2014 15:08, Jean-Francois Nifenecker a écrit :
> > Hello Sophie,
> >
> > Le 22/12/2014 14:37, Sophie a écrit :
> >> Yes and if you read the announcement or the discussions on the lists,
> >> you have noticed that it's a contest for en_US templates only.
> >
> > The "risk" being that those templates come to non-en_US users.
>
> That would be their choice.
I don't understand what's so country-specific in a template. AFAIK MS
Office does not ship different templates in the US and in Europe. Cannot
templates be made mostly country-neutral if contributors are asked to
avoid adding too nationally-rooted details?

Of course text must be translated (if present), but this can be done
like GUI labels.

If the contest is only for en_US, then most locales won't get any
templates at all, which is worse than getting an English template. So
better start with the idea that templates will have to be translated.

Regards