[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest
- From: Milan Bouchet-Valat <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 15:27:55 +0100
- To: Sophie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Jean-Francois Nifenecker <email@example.com>, "Charles-H. Schulz" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
Le lundi 22 décembre 2014 à 15:13 +0100, Sophie a écrit :
> Le 22/12/2014 15:08, Jean-Francois Nifenecker a écrit :
> > Hello Sophie,
> > Le 22/12/2014 14:37, Sophie a écrit :
> >> Yes and if you read the announcement or the discussions on the lists,
> >> you have noticed that it's a contest for en_US templates only.
> > The "risk" being that those templates come to non-en_US users.
> That would be their choice.
I don't understand what's so country-specific in a template. AFAIK MS
Office does not ship different templates in the US and in Europe. Cannot
templates be made mostly country-neutral if contributors are asked to
avoid adding too nationally-rooted details?
Of course text must be translated (if present), but this can be done
like GUI labels.
If the contest is only for en_US, then most locales won't get any
templates at all, which is worse than getting an English template. So
better start with the idea that templates will have to be translated.
> >> well they are under a open source license, so anybody is invited to do
> >> the work or enhance what already exists.
> > This is a very tough question, yes.
> > Second, templates *need* to be documented either with included text or a
> > secondary user manual (I think this should be request, opposite to the
> > current contest asking for *no text*)
> so are you volunteering to write that manual and document the templates
> or are you only ranting on those who are currently trying and are doing
> Kind regards
> Sophie Gautier firstname.lastname@example.org
> Co-founder - Release coordinator
> The Document Foundation
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest||jonathon <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest||Jean-Francois Nifenecker <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest||Sophie <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest