Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest

Hi,

On 22 décembre 2014 14:15:37 CET, Jean-Francois Nifenecker <jean-francois.nifenecker@laposte.net> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Le 22/12/2014 10:40, Sophie a écrit :
>>>
>>> We often worry about lack of community involvement, but, when there
>is a
>>> wonderful occasion where community involvement with such a contest
>where
>>> there is a low-entry level of understanding of LibreOffice and where
>>> template usage is directed towards our users, we do not even provide
>>> users the chance to vote on a template contest ... surely a users
>idea
>>> of what a good and purposeful template would be different from a
>>> designer's perspective.
>
>I'm *very* reluctant to such a community project: templates very often
>show their cultural origin. This means that an american template won't
>fit a French user at all, and vice versa. >There are some such templates

True and it is dangerous since it could show some spontaneity and community involvement. We surely do not want that ;-)

>on the extensions website already. I had written about that problem to
>the authors, hoping to find a way to make better tools, to no avail
>yet.
>

>> I'm not sure users are aware of all the needed things to have a
>reliable
>> template and one that could be localized too, so the best way would
>be
>> that the design team does a pre selection and let the users vote only
>on
>> the templates that complies.
>
>Could the Design team devise a" template template" that international
>users could use as a starting point?

What would be the standard for such a template? We all come from different origins so we will all face the same issues and these can be adapted by users or by native lang projects to match their own standard. Let us not create difficulties. Let this be a joyful moment for community participation!

Best,
Charles.