[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-design] Re: Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2014-12-10
- Subject: [libreoffice-design] Re: Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2014-12-10
- From: Jan Holesovsky <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 09:53:23 +0100
- To: Jan-Marek Glogowski <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jonathan Riddell <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Jan-Marek Glogowski píše v Čt 11. 12. 2014 v 15:59 +0100:
> > * KDE5 vclplug
> > + working on it
> > + when is the next release? (Jonathan)
> > + 4.5 in 6 months
> So somebody started a real KDE5 backend? From scratch or based on KDE4?
> Because the KDE4 backhand has some limits. Most of the stuff in the
> following list is implemented in the Gtk+ backend.
Yes, Jonathan (CC'd) has - at the Munich hackfest :-) Initially he's
started with the KDE4 backend from what I know (it is always easier to
start with something that at least somehow works), but not sure what are
his next plans - Jonathan?
> - No modal native dialogs
> LO VCL KDE4 doesn't use QWidgets, so AFAIK there is no way to
> implement the modal for the file picker . Gtk+ wraps the LO widgets in
> GtkWidgets, so modal native dialogs work.
> - No native widgets
> LO VCL KDE4 basically just uses some painting methods to render stuff.
> But we miss quite some stuff and others - like Oxygen menus can't really
> be used. But the KDE4 plugin can reimplement the SalMenu, like Gtk does
> to get the "real" background from the engine.
> - Slow
> All drawing operations are performed on a single image and copied to
> X. This image is always destroyed and there is basically no caching.
> Gtk+ keeps a caching widget per type around.
> - Use KIO
> Currently LO sets "X-KDE-Protocols=file,http,ftp,webdav". Even smb was
> included for some time. But actually this depends on the native load /
> save dialog settings, and even the VCL backend, because the KDE4 file
> picker / VCL backend doesn't support neither smb nor webdav without KIO.
> AFAIK there are still also Qt5 patches missing - same stuff that is was
> fixed for Qt4, but also isn't in (yet).
All the best,
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-design] Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2014-12-10||Jan Holesovsky <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-design] Re: Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2014-12-10||Jan-Marek Glogowski <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] Re: Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2014-12-10
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Re: Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2014-12-10
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-design] Re: Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2014-12-10