[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-design] Re: Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2014-12-10
- Subject: [libreoffice-design] Re: Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2014-12-10
- From: Jan-Marek Glogowski <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 15:59:24 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com
Am 11.12.2014 um 09:25 schrieb Jan Holesovsky:
> * KDE5 vclplug
> + working on it
> + when is the next release? (Jonathan)
> + 4.5 in 6 months
So somebody started a real KDE5 backend? From scratch or based on KDE4?
Because the KDE4 backhand has some limits. Most of the stuff in the
following list is implemented in the Gtk+ backend.
- No modal native dialogs
LO VCL KDE4 doesn't use QWidgets, so AFAIK there is no way to
implement the modal for the file picker . Gtk+ wraps the LO widgets in
GtkWidgets, so modal native dialogs work.
- No native widgets
LO VCL KDE4 basically just uses some painting methods to render stuff.
But we miss quite some stuff and others - like Oxygen menus can't really
be used. But the KDE4 plugin can reimplement the SalMenu, like Gtk does
to get the "real" background from the engine.
All drawing operations are performed on a single image and copied to
X. This image is always destroyed and there is basically no caching.
Gtk+ keeps a caching widget per type around.
- Use KIO
Currently LO sets "X-KDE-Protocols=file,http,ftp,webdav". Even smb was
included for some time. But actually this depends on the native load /
save dialog settings, and even the VCL backend, because the KDE4 file
picker / VCL backend doesn't support neither smb nor webdav without KIO.
AFAIK there are still also Qt5 patches missing - same stuff that is was
fixed for Qt4, but also isn't in (yet).
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-design] Re: Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2014-12-10||Jan Holesovsky <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-design] Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2014-12-10||Jan Holesovsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] New templates contest
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-design] Re: Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2014-12-10
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2014-12-10
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-design] Re: Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2014-12-10