[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Light Blue for Non-printing characters
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Light Blue for Non-printing characters
- From: Stefan Knorr <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 21:43:29 +0200
- To: email@example.com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hi Laurent, all,
> When I did set the dudle the situation was :
> - a minority of people expressed themselves,
> - no decision was reached
> Efficiency of the decision process : 0
Ultimately, this will always be the implementer's decision. Not anyone's
in this team.
1) There is no chance get the majority of [people/users of LibreOffice/
..?] to express an opinion on this matter.
2) Do we actually need everyone's opinion? Or would it make more sense
to find arguments one way or another?
Solving this is best done via Bugzilla with arguments, not via a poll
that will only give skewed, reason-free output anyway.
> When it comes to design I see a lot of contradicting arguments and most
> of the time you end up adding "apples" with "oranges" and so on.
Reasoning on design matters is not (yet?) as clear cut as in
mathematics, true. Still, it should be more than people expressing
> Second aim "usable to as many people as possible" : I don't see why
> having the choice between colors makes it "not usable".
Setting a colour that is too light makes LibreOffice less usable to a
large class of users. That is what I meant here, mostly.
But, of course, you are hinting at it... options come at a price. They
increase the complexity of the user interface, they need to be kept
The Appearance page of the LibreOffice options in particular is already
a graveyard for far too many borderline useless options.
> you gave your 3 aims only after I set the dudle.
Fair point. Should have done that earlier.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Light Blue for Non-printing characters||Laurent Lyaudet <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Light Blue for Non-printing characters
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Light Blue for Non-printing characters
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Light Blue for Non-printing characters
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Light Blue for Non-printing characters