Hello Robinson,

On 9 avril 2014 01:51:19 CEST, Robinson Tryon <bishop.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:
[cc'ing Design for their input on new designs]

Hi all,

I'm currently looking into printing up a supply of marketing materials
for the US, both for distribution at conferences and big events, as
well as for local distribution at a smaller scale, e.g. to local LUGs.

---

Items We've Printed Previously:

Stickers:
* Both plain "LibreOffice"  and "I (heart) LibreOffice" [1]

Brochures:
* "General LibreOffice Information"[2]
* "Community" [3]

---

Ideas I've Had:

I'd like to print up some pens, as they're actually an independently
useful item, and can help to improve our brand awareness.[4]
I came up with a couple of witty phrases for them, but would like more
suggestions:
* "When the power goes out, use this analog edition of LibreOffice"
* "Download the electronic version online -- it never runs out of ink!"

Some ideas for improvements:
* Consider rack cards as well as tri-folds -- both can be effective in
their own right.
* A brochure with all of the team mailing address on the back, so one
can circle the team, write the name of a good contact in that team,
and hand it to some interested in joining the community
* A brochure for corporate sponsors is REALLY important[5].
Whenever someone stops by the booth and says "I'm the founder of..."
or "I'm (top-level role) at company...", we should have a brochure for
them so we can make them feel special and want to underwrite our
awesome work!

---

What Do You Think?

It's always good for us to look for new ways of increasing outreach
for both LibreOffice and the community. >Does anyone have any
improvements they'd like to suggest for the stickers, brochures, or
other swag?

Thanks for all this! 2 comments from my side. I believe that brochures are not really important.
People don't read them and throw them away. So we should not divert the little resources we have on
them especially for corporate brochures as companies do not get convinved with them. Same goes for
pens. All this is swag, not marketing per se but people think one amounts to the other. Now I am
not saying pens are a bad idea: they are only a small detail. The slogan ought to remain the same
one we have. Let's not blur the message. :-)

My second comment is this: we need videos to demknstrate LibreOffice and we need web materials such
as buttons, banners for online use. We have a very little choice of them. I believe this would help
a lot in the US and elsewhere. I am happy to help if the design team or anyone else woants to
contribute.

Best,

Charles.

Thanks,