Is anyone interested in creating a LibreOffice for Education Text Book project?

This can and probably should be setup as its own working group.

The California Open Source Textbook Project http://www.opensourcetext.org/
Is currently seeking Open Source Text Books for The California Public Schools
K-12. They require the material to be presented in a Text Book style. This
would be a good way to get LibreOffice into Word Processing Classes in
California High Schools as well as schools around the world.

College Open Text Book http://www.collegeopentextbooks.org/ Is also seeking
Text Books for use in Colleges, This would be a good opportunity to get
LibreOffice into College's across the US!

Open Text Book Library is another College Initiative
http://open.umn.edu/opentextbooks/ as well.

There are quite a few more of these organizations that partnerships could be
established with as well.

I have been seeing a number for these popping up and I have seen some that
will pay $20,000 USD for Creative Commons Text Book Donations late last year
which could be used to help fund the this working group. Community developed
software with educational community developed Course-ware would work out
pretty well.

These initiatives would require producing a full text book with exercises etc.

As The LibreOffice Software already has an unbeatable low cost all we are
missing to take over the education sector is unbeatable low cost course-ware
to go with it.

Establishing a full LibreOffice For Education program with the goals of not only
producing the text books but also full courses and possibly Moodle course
ware, Produced courses could even potentially be made available at edX
https://www.edx.org/ (Which has a Free Into To Linux Course this year for
those who have not registered for it yet.) It is a $2,400 course normally
taught by The Linux Foundation.

Tim