[libreoffice-design] RE: Controversial topics for the start center

Folks,

The LibreOffice Start Center has made the 4.2.0.0 beta cut, and has been implemented in the current beta1. Little argument that it still requires additional design & UX-advise input for final 4.2.0 release form.

At the Design team IRC meeting last Sunday, Laurent L. and Miroslav (Mirek2) agreed for a need to take additional design input from the community -- Pro & Con format using the Design Whitebaord for the Start Center. Laurent got it started, and I've expanded it to now be as comprehensive of all prior work on the Start Center as possible.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/Start_Center

Please review the various meeting minuets, mail-list discussions and other resources posted to the wiki.

Astron, Mirek2 , Laurent, Emir, Mateusz and many others have contributed greatly. But as this design process needs to be finalized, at this point we need all well-argued inputs as to changes still to the existing LODev 4.2.0.0beta1+ implementation consolidated into the Pro - Con comments on the Wiki for discussion at this Sunday's IRC Design meeting: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Meetings

Regards,

Stuart