Re: [libreoffice-design] Welcome screen LO 4.2

Hi Pavel,

Pavel Haratický píše v Čt 14. 11. 2013 v 21:32 +0100:

> * I prefer a little bit more design by Mateusz Zasuwik (
> http://i.imgur.com/KWpS7tu.jpg - green sidebar on right and logo of
> LibreOffice in the right-down corner) then design by Stefan Knorr (
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87946285/libreoffice/startcenter/startcen.html
> - green sidebar on right and no logo of LO)
> *+* also there are tabs for selection only a type of files
> (documents, spreadsheets, ...)

I am sorry - you can never make everyone happy, the personal tastes just
differ too much. The current design was agreed by may as I understood
it, so the question if it is bearable for you even if you [personally]
prefer the other one :-)

> * Other question is content of "Welcome screen" ... *previews of
> files* (Mateusz Zasuwik) or*icons only* (Stefan Knorr). I am working
> with LO 4.2 form early alpha versions but the previews are a "bit
> disturbing" from graphical point of view. I see the design with
> coloured icons from S. Knorr - but my (and I don't know if only my)
> opinion is that too much colourful. The design is "not clear" and
> icons are more expressive than other graphics.

I'd still like to give the previews a try - I'll make them a bit bigger,
and will remove the disturbing gray square around them, I think it'll
work fine; but still we can switch to icons only during the beta phase,
that's not an issue.

> - I am sending an alternative to the S. Knorr desing -
> grayscaled/lightened icons with coloured top-right corner only
> http://ph.hostujeme.cz/LO/LO-Knorr-changed01.png

I like the updated icons - or at least this direction of making them a
bit lighter; Mirek / Astron, what is your view on that? Should there be
changes, we should update all the icons (mime types etc.) the same way
though, not only in the start center.

> * Is any possibility to change size of the previews?
> If it is possible, than it can be a potentional security risk if
> file contains only a few of words/numbers and the content is
> readable in preview ...

I don't see why it should be a security risk? You can see previews only
of files that you already have, so... ;-)

> * Is any possibility to view *details of files* (name, date/time of
> last change, size, ...) instead of previews of files or big icons?

Nope.

All the best,
Kendy