Hi guys,
I had an IRC chat with Astron and Kendy about the Start Center on Wednesday
[1].
In a nutshell:
* It's likely we'll be using a sidebar, as making the toolbars responsive
would be a big task. There seemed to be agreement on using a sidebar in the
Start Center welcome graphic thread as well. (If you disagree, post a reply
here.)
* "No recent documents" isn't welcoming enough. We'll probably be using
something to the effect of "Start a new document, or open an existing one,
to see recently used documents here." Feel free to post suggestions here.
* We most likely won't be getting rid of the menu bar, but we'll be
streamlining it (for now).

It'd be good to finish up the design at the upcoming IRC chat (on Sunday)
[2] Unfortunately, I'm not a 100% sure if I can be there -- I'll definitely
try. If I'm not there and there are not enough attendees on Sunday, I'll be
there on Monday at 13:00 UTC. (I'll know if there were or weren't based on
whether there's a log up on the design wiki [2].)

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Meetings/2013-11-06
[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Meetings