Hello,

Le Sat, 22 Jun 2013 18:58:47 +0200,
Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum@gmail.com> a écrit :

2013/6/22 Kracked_P_P---webmaster <webmaster@krackedpress.com>:

I downloaded Apache's Open Office for Android from Google Play.

I have a Nook HD+, with a 9 inch display, i.e. 7.5 inches wide
display, with 16 gig internal.

After the initial load/splash screen, I waited for over 4 minutes
and I still could not get the keyboard or any other controls to
work.  So I tried to use the "back button" to exit the "app" but it
would not work.  I had to use the Nook Button to go to my "Home"
screen to get out of that frozen AOO screen.

AOO-Android used the full top menu bars that you would see in a
normal install of AOO or LO on Windows or Linux. Those menu bars on
the top of the screen was so small, even my tablet pen could not
touch only the needed option.  It touched the options all around it
as well.  Now, I have a 9 inch tablet. It would even be worse on a
7 inch tablet.

So, here is my opinion about what LOfor Android should be like.

1]  Forget trying to have the full width top menu bars visible at
the same time.  Maybe have it be on some type of left/right scroll.

2]  Make the menus large enough to easily see and use on a 7 inch
tablet. AOO's was too small for even a 9 inch one.

3] Try and make it open, to the point you can start typing, in less
than 2 minutes, if possible.  If not, warn the user it may take "x"
number of minutes to load up completely.

4] Do not try to make LO-Android do too much. People need a basic
office package to do some quick things. It should not be
areplacement for a desktop or laptop system.

5] Make sure there is enough room between the top menu bar[s] and
the tablet's default keyboard, without making the menus and control
icons too small to use properly and easily.

6] Make it able to run on a tablet that has a "smallRAM" and slower
CPUs, compared to the top of the line tablets.  Not all tablets
have dual core CPUs with 2+ gig of RAM and 4+ gig internal
storage.  My old one does not even come close.

I do not know what people really need to do on a tablet, for their
office package needs. What type of features and options are really
needed, or wanted. Sure, you will need to be able to display the
ODF and OOXML [07-13] documents. But what editing options will you
need?

I just bought my first tablet that used Google Play. My last one
was a 7 inch that used Amazon and other app stores, but it was a
low end one.  This new Nook HD+ was 44% off for the week of 9th
through the 15th, Father's Day Salepricing was the only way I could
afford to get one of these better tablets.  I am still learning
what this better tablet can do and what apps I might want or need.
Right now, I do not want a packagelike AOO for Android.

So, I do not know how far the team is on the LO for Android app, but
hopefully they will not make the same mistakes as Apache did with
their version.

This is a little confusing to me. You mention LibreOffice and Apache
OpenOffice for Android, but as far as I know there is no Apache
OpenOffice for Android, so I guess you are talking about LibreOffice
all the time, right?

Well it's neither one of them :-) There's an app that claims to "port"
software to Android, and in this case they use Apache OpenOffice. But
it's nothing offiial from Apache as I understand it.

As for LibreOffice on Android Tim made some good points, so here are
some pointers as to where the Android port is heading to. As you can
see it is quite different from what Tim described:

http://www.muktware.com/5553/install-libreoffice-android
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/LibreOffice_on_Android

Hope this clarifies the question.

best,