[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] Experimental new LibreOffice UI
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] Experimental new LibreOffice UI
- From: Samuel Mehrbrodt <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 22:23:41 +0200
- To: Keith Curtis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
good to see some movement on the UI.
There's already a funding campaign for a new UI in LibreOffice: http://www.freedomsponsors.org/core/issue/175/new-libreoffice-ui
Concerning the choice of the toolkit: PyGTK is dead, you should use PyGObject which also supports GTK 3: https://live.gnome.org/PyGObject
Am 06.04.2013 01:30, schrieb Keith Curtis:
I've written a proposal for a new experimental UI for LibreOffice Writer:
In a few weeks Matúš Kukan will have an empty Python prototype ready
to be filled in.
After that, it becomes a question of what it should look like. The
bitmap I included on the wiki page was just some pretty example I dug
up on the web, but I could imagine others, including perhaps one that
is on the top rather than the side. Anything you guys can draw could
be mostly implemented in a few months (assuming one person full-time)
in Python. No one is signed up to hack on that yet, Matúš is just
making an empty toolbar, but it needs a bitmap first anyway.
It would be nice to get a more official "next-gen" UI Writer design.
Do you guys have one?
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-design] Experimental new LibreOffice UI||Keith Curtis <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-design] Experimental new LibreOffice UI||Keith Curtis <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: RE: [libreoffice-design] Official v.4.0.x pamphlet template (Not the Community version)
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Official v.4.0.x pamphlet template (Not the Community version)
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Experimental new LibreOffice UI
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] Experimental new LibreOffice UI