It was suggested that I post this updated Green "Community" Logo version, of the brochure, to the design list. Someone suggested to me that things were getting lost in the discussions going on, both online and offline.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Brochure-lo-4-letter-size--v8-green-logo--no-tdf.odt

This has text/content in it that is being edited to get it the way we want it to be. There are many changes that could/would be done to the content for the final one, whether it uses this brochure design or some other one. I have used the same content to check out each proposed brochure template design. I should be posting a no-content version template soon, but I am getting the 4.0.2 NA-DVD ready for mailing out and uploading to the DVD server.

For me, the key to judging how well a brochure [or other] template design is working, is to take each design and include text, icons, and other content in it. Then you can see which one work and does not work for your needs.

This green logo brochure has the same green community style logo on the top of each panel and a "thin" green line on the bottom of each panel to help balance the panel "look and feel". Without the green line, there is a feeling of "top heaviness". This brochure prints well in color on an inkjet and well with a b&w laser.

So, could we start looking at the possible designs for the "Community" version of the brochure template, since we really need one that does not need a professional printing company [and large units] to print it. We also need to have people work on the text content of such a brochure to have a version for the local marketers to download>print>hand-out.

So, could people get back to what I originally wanted in my posting of the original brochure? Could people help with a design for the users with little marketing skills and little pocket money?

Could we get people involved in both the "community template" design for inkjet and laser printing, and others involved in helping refine the brochure's final content no matter what the final theme/design of the template will be?