Hi Kévin,
A few notes:
- I would put the Old and New indicators in another place. As they aren't
clickable, it doesn't make sense to put them in the place that's most
accessible for a mouse -- they only increase the distance the mouse has to
travel to reach a clickable target. (In my proposal, these indicators were
shown below the picker, with only the old color shown first and then the
new color superposed on it as one hovered over it.)
- Please include a label of the color for the colorblind.
- Why did you remove the textbox for changing the HSL/RGB values?
- The panels of the pop-over now have variable height -- could you provide
information about the animation needed to make switching panels a smooth
experience?
- Could you try adding two columns for the gray, just to see what it looked
like?
- As Issa said, "Since it is a pop-over and not a dialog the custom colors
should be applied immediately upon changing the current color. The window
can be closed when the focus moves away or using an ok button." An apply
button would be unnecessary in this case. (Actually, it would be confusing,
as this button would do nothing.)
- If we agree to have a gear button, it should really be a menu. I'm not
100% sure that we need it for the first implementation, though.
- "Automatic" was visually separate for a reason -- the top toolbar might
later need to carry gradients, patterns, etc. as well, as in Hillar's
proposal. (As "Automatic" is not always a solid color, it doesn't belong in
the "Solid color" category.)