Hi Astron,

Stefan Knorr (Astron) píše v Pá 27. 04. 2012 v 15:01 +0200:

What makes the
task of changing the entire chrome hard is that there is so many widget
types - push buttons with many states (normal, pressed, hover, default),
scrollbars (hover, pressed button, dragging the scroller), etc. etc.

How hard would it be to change the backgrounds of the menus and
toolbars? (Just the background gradients, not actually the widgets
themselves.)
If that were easy, we could consider a colour scheme like the one
Windows 7 Paint and Wordpad use (which seems a bit more balanced and
less glossy than our current colour scheme.)

It is easy to change the colors, or the gradients, the problem I am
having at the moment is that we are taking that directly from the system
(when we use the native theming).  I have checked the values, and they
are consistent with some of the apps, but not with the others, like the
one you pointed to here:

[1] http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Getting-started-with-Paint

So - I'll be investigating more ;-)

And actually one more thing I'm investigating is how to paint to the the
window border (the "2" in the above mentioned picture), like some of the
apps do recently (including Firefox) - that might be something we could
use for the facelift too.

All the best,
Kendy