Hi designers,

Recently I got a report that we look much worse than MSO, together with
a screenshot:

http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/design-list/MSO-LO.jpg

The good thing is there are some easy things that we can improve
+-easily, like the background of the writer document - instead of the
dark grey, I am sure the code changes to get an image there instead
should be doable with reasonable effort.  So - let's do a contest that
will result in a great new look of the background image! :-)

Conditions:

- the image has to be able to survive when Writer is opened full-screen
  in some large resolution
  - like, it has to fade to a single color on the left or right, and at
    the top or the bottom [preferred]
  - alternatively, it might be a vector image that we could hard-code in
    the code [bonus points if you can provide it as a patch :-) - I'll
    provide details should anybody be interested in this way; please
    ask for them]

- the image should be based on, or compatible with the Tango color
  palette [http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Theme_Guidelines#Color_Palette]

- the image should not be intrusive when one types the document

- light [as opposed to dark] overall look is preferred

- plus points for showing it in action; please take a Writer screenshot
  from http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/design-list/writer.png,
  and paste your graphics over the grey Writer background

It is a contest, so what prize can I offer to the winner?  Not much -
integration to 3.6, and as such, being visible to millions of users.
Additionally a beer/coke/coffee/... or few at the LibreOffice
conference, or at another opportunity :-)

And because such a prize can be easily shared with others, you are
encouraged to cooperate with others, modify their designs, accept
modifications from others and improve them even more, or accept my or
others queries for modifications :-)  Just mail links to the images as a
lots of them.

How does that sound?  Can we together do something sexy for 3.6?

Thank you a lot,
Kendy