This sounds good. If somebody already invested time in this.
Is there a link or something to that Orvieto-presentation?

I also had a closer look at the smartart-functionality now and think
it's really a great tool. Not that I normally adore M$ products - but I
think this makes working with diagrams much, much easier especially for
less sophisticated users and supposedly also increases productivity for
all users.

Best Regards
Christopher