Hi Michael, all

I started to reply yesterday already, but this will take some time.

I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate very much the way you describe your thoughts and intentions in this mail.

Michael Meeks schrieb:
[...]
        My conclusions are:

        * this is just my opinion
        * I value your input a lot
        * on this specific point:
                + I think this was the wrong decision personally
                + I'm fairly sure the interaction was sub-optimal and
                  needs fixing: perhaps by a new list
        * I want the design team to succeed and be effective
                + my advice should be read as trying to help
                  achieve that

        So; hopefully that helps ? it is not some personal attack on designers
and their usefulness.

I never thought of personal attacks, it has just been my concern about different perception and appreciation for different community member's contributions.

I'll describe my position in a (lengthier) reply - hopefully leading to something we all can agree to and store at the wiki as reference for future interaction.

For the moment I just want to let you know:

Thanks for your time and effort to work on this topic!

Such interaction is necessary to keep good work going on.

Based on mutual respect and understanding I'm more than willing to continue my contributions and hope that everybody else feeling sad about this topic might get a more positive impression of our community too.

Best regards

Bernhard