Hey,

following your discussion I added another draft - which is rather a step
backward, but I see that the connected ligature is your main concern. So
just have a look here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Joey#Alternative_Ligatures
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Joey#Alternative_Ligatures>The last
draft shows the broken ligature as used in the original logo. The rest is
based on my previous work.

Now to your questions.
1. I don't really like the font. I completely agree with you on all you
said, Nik (although I don't think Helvetica would work).
2. Maybe I was too focused on the ligature. It's true what you say,
Bernhard, that we should fix the current logo and then work on a new one
instead of trying to circumvent the flaws of the current one. This way we
don't need to "change" the logo too often, too.

So what do you think of this last alternative?
Joey