Le Wed, 09 Mar 2011 18:58:00 +1100,
Nik <nik@tdf.nikashsingh.com> a écrit :

Hi Christoph, all,

Oh boy. I thought I'd wait a few days before responding so that I
wasn't as offended as I am now,
but it looks like you're expecting something from me and I don't want
to delay Sebastien's work.

Hi,

No that's fine, I'll wait for you, I've to implement shadows in impress
et draw and once done I could integrate your work easily since I'd know
where is the code I need to modify. Let's first start with simple
shadow and once we've agreed on a design (borders count, blur and
color), I apply the patch that integrates it.
If you read the full thread, we're currently in the state you where
proposing ("I'd propose having a drop shadow by default and having the
option to turn it off, or turn it 'flat'", we don't have the flat
option right know, I don't know if having that much options for
something as simple as a shadow ('cause I don't think final users would
have any idea of the work behind that shadow) is a good thing).
The shadow color and width can be easily modified by anybody that has a
master build (3 images to change in a .zip and on value in the
appearancedialog) to allow finding right values. Again, I'm not a
"design guy" so my opinion about this is rather useless, that's why I
took some hours to implement configuration to allow you to play with it
and come with good value.

[...]
Personally, I would have preferred
you to move on to some other fun / high-impact win, rather than
getting bogged down in random details here ;-)

Please don't expect anything from me. I won't be contributing to this
task further.
I don't volunteer my free time to be told how unimportant Design
"random details" are.

I don't think Michael intention was to hurt anybody, emails have this
drawback that nuances are not correctly rendered.

Someone else will pick it up. Good luck.

I sincerely hope that you'll change your mind and provide a good mockup
(maybe with a gradient background too, shadows have an alpha channel so
we can put anything behind).

-Nik

Sébastien