Hi Bernhard, all.

Firstly, thank you for your feedback!

On 06-03-2011 19:53, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
Hi Paulo, all,

thanks for keeping this running!
[...]
We discussed the shadow during the first few iterations and came to the conclusion not to use it.
Yeah, I think I actually missed this part. I'm sorry about that.

I don't remember the reason exactly, but I think that some OS add their own shadow to the icons on the desktop? And we didn't want to waste precious pixel...
Since the icons are just for toolbar usage and they don't go to desktop, the shadow problem doesn't a actual problem. Do I got it correctly? I based mainly in the Tango icons along the application main toolbar, some of them have shadow, others not.

[...]
So if I understand it correctly, we need 24x24 px icons already including one empty pixel at every side.

This might be dependent on operating system and distribution, otherwise I don't know why Galaxy mentions 26x26, but perhaps Thorsten can enlighten us....
I got it. Well, if we take the shadows off, we will decrease the icons size by 2 pixels. Since they are 26px (24+2px) large, this action makes them 24px (22+2px) large. Then they will have 1px empty around, the correctly size. We'll not need remake them. :-)

But I'm not sure if the other Tango icons on the screenshoot included in this page http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/LibreOffice_Initial_Icons#Feedback_and_Issues actually is 22+2px large... When I was editing these icons, I used the other Tango icons as base, and I'm almost sure they are actually 26px large (24+2px) large.

A question just now came to me: I didn't go too deep in this subtitle, so is it actually defined if we'll change to Galaxy icons?

See you!
~Paulo
--
Paulo José O. Amaro