I can't edit the wiki on my phone, but I wonder if an issue tracker works
with volunteer groups and designers like this? Tasks or items could be
requested via the tracker and anyone willing/available could pick it up.
Design by committe is tough, and I don't have experience with any other
FLOSS projects, so I may be way off.