Hi all,

Sorry for surely breaking the thread with my mobile. So, yes, Sean is on this list and already
contacted me via private mail and offered help. He said that he contributed artwork to several
projects in the past.

Concerning his open letter, it seems to me that he was not knowing about our efforts. For example,
many of the issues he raised have been discussed here. Or, the fact that the UI is still the same
doesn't take into account that also Project Renaissance (OOo) required a long time for preparation
or infrastructure - but it would have been easy for us to make things worse in the short time
available for the first release :-)

Finally, many of the open questions can be resolved by talking about it. So I think we should think
about the open letter like something the non-LibO community perceives when looking at us :-)

Let's say hello to Sean and think how we can improve things together. Yesterday, I've sent him
links to the kick-off and the open topics.

Cheers,
Christoph

PS: Please, could someone forward this to the marketing list. Not that comfortable on the phone -
just to avoid further rumours.

Daniel Merker <daniel.merker@wayne.edu> schrieb:

Hi,

First off, I'm not defending what he is doing. Second, I don't know that we should consider it
hate-mail as much as a frustrated contributor/user.... I'm just saying...

-Daniel Merker