Hi Christoph, all!

On 20-02-2011 18:06, Christoph Noack wrote:
At the very moment, it's just radio ... although I have to say that I
quickly get annoyed by most of the radio stations, especially the
moderators. Although it is a really tough job to "entertain" the crowd
24 hours a day, sometimes it would be helpful to limit time for
moderators, and instead spend it on broadcasting good music :-)
Yeah, it's about 5 years I don't listen to radios... Here in Brazil they just play popular music and general music (some even good, but...). If you want to discovery new good sound, better stay sitting. A question: What are moderators? Here the problem is the massive merchandising between two songs... :/ It's impossible to listening two sequenced musics... ¬¬

[...] In general, there are always songs / artists performing different music styles I tend to like - whether it is Pop, Heavy Metal, Classical Music.
Heavy Metal was a wave to my musical experiencing... I basically migrate to something more alterantive and progressive rock... a bit of Pink Floyd, Muse, Coldplay... :D Classical and Pop are ever present in my playlist.

But here are the ones that really had some impact on me during the last
months ...

Sa Dingding: A Chinese artist doing almost "everything".
Now I just listening her videos on YouTube and loving her voice and songs. She has an incredible powerful voice, so sweet! Thank you so much for presenting her! :D

The song I've got addicted to (first) was "Alive". And I had the chance to see her in
Germany last year ... that required quite some traveling. The funny
thing: Nobody else knew her, so I had the chance to be in the first row,
and to chat with her band after the show.
Wow! Its really cool! And yeah, her videos have few views and likes/dislikes. Although, I love her style. I saw a video from a Blue House appearance of her, when she is much crazy and show her powerful voice! Just the way I like!

Rupa and the April Fishes: Rupa performs in different languages and
easily switches between different styles. Amazing, so to say.

And, if this matters to you, the recordings of these artists are just
superb. Excellent mixing without any artificial sound ...
I'm listening to Rupa and liking her music. She has a magical and very particular voice and voice, and I have a colleague he will like her very much! :D

Currently I've also re-discovered Loreena McKennitt who performs "world
music" - something to really relax ... I really love all the Celtic
stuff :-)
WOWWWWWWWWWWW, THIS IS BIGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! I *love* world music actually, much hindi, oriental songs and so... I'm loving her voice, style, everything! Thank you so much for this addition!
*Maybe it can be part of the third step of our Kick-Off... What do you
think, Christoph? :D :P
Aehm, yes :-)
Hum, kühl! :-D

Now I'm sure it was a good idea... Just today I discovered two new awesome artists!

I'm exciting to see the other's participations on this threat.
~Paulo

--
Paulo José O. Amaro
Computer Science Student