Hi Johannes, hi all!

Am Freitag, den 18.02.2011, 14:08 +0100 schrieb Johannes Bausch:
Hey,

I think my last mail somehow got lost (just like me ^^) and now that I know
where we are at the moment I'd like to start collecting thoughts on what
should be done. I'm not sure whether our step 3 here
http://tinyurl.com/67vb8st
is already finished, so I suggest that we all say what should be done and
then what oneself could contribute to it. (is that idea okay?)

Well, I've announced to announce the team page some days ago ... but to
be honest, I'm currently pushing forward this item, because every day
there seems to be something more urgent. At the moment, we have to care
about the "funding the foundation" stuff.

Just for those who are not subscribed to the marketing and/or the
website list, here is what we've collected so far:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/FoundationChallenge

If you comply with it just start straight away =).

Referring to your "collecting thoughts on what should be done", do you
refer to what open tasks we have at the moment?

If yes, then here is a rough collection ... (besides the first point)
without any given importance / urgency:
      * Providing artwork for the foundation funding (see above)
      * Discussing Paulo's proposals concerning the improved status bar
        graphics (here, I am the one who should be blamed for being
        lazy)
      * Adding some documentation how to work with the new graphic
        tooling for Inkscape (provided by Thorsten) to our Tools page
      * Collecting Easy Hacks for the developers (simple programming
        tasks that help to improve the UX)
      * Finalizing the LibreOffice presentation template (started by
        some guys here)
      * Finalizing the logo proposal without "The Document Foundation"
        tag line (request by the Steering Committee)
      * Providing graphics for the website to make it more attractive
        (e.g. extracting the application symbols of the current MIME
        type icons)

Resolving the issues mentioned with regard to the new MIME type icons:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/LibreOffice_Initial_Icons#Feedback_and_Issues

Our general work items list (with lots of todos):
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Work_Items

And, very important, it would be great if some of you could subscribe to
the developer mailing list. Lots of stuff gets discussed there, and many
topics just "pass by" that are worth to be considered by us. Sometimes
its changes concerning menu behavior, accessibility issues, feature
behavior, ... things I currently just notice, but missing the time to
have a deeper look (or even discussions).

Consequently, there is a lot to do ... and I think there is stuff for
any kind of interest and experience level. For example, creating the
LibreOffice High Contrast artwork is rather simple, but requires much
attention and care.

Johannes, is that what you had in mind?

All, any thoughts?

Cheers,