Le 2010-12-22 08:48, Björn Balazs a écrit :

On the other hand, if we (the users) ALL DO participate, we end up with some
increadible noise. Neither the developers nor the user will understand each
other - only the loudest and not the wisest will be heard.

If we were ALL to participate, then we would have quite the community and fast development. More help would permit us to divide up tasks more easily, provide new members with tasks as well as delegate more efficiently.

We should encourage far more participation from our user base. Many are reluctant to join due to the lack of clearly defined tasks. Many others are reluctant to join due to language barriers not realizing that there are tools to bridge these barriers.

I, for one, would encourage people to sign up for help where they believe they would be most helpful and where they believe that they could be mentored or delegated to some tasks at the skill level.

The developers' list is a great example of this, where new members, adept at coding, are encouraged to start off with working on their "Easy task" list and the developers are quite willing to mentor these users.

Mentorship is certainly a value that the LibreOffice members should embrace. Vibrancy of community comes from this.

Cheers

Marc