On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 12:56 +0100, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
Hi Drew, *

drew schrieb:
Hi,

Well, it's only fair that I ask...

:-)  Thanks for thinking at asking ;-)

In my eyes it is nearly OK - even with the green light it stands on it's
own and stays visible and recognizable.

Perhaps you could have a bit more room between the symbol and the text
below it - the distance to the "G" is smaller than half the width of the
symbol.

Yes - I need to remake the opening frames. I first did 3 variations on
the, super nova, you have seen one, the green lantern. The file I put up
tonight uses the 1st one, which is a simple blinking light, right on the
tip of the icon..so even more egregious (smile)..  I'm going to remake
those frames next and I think I'll go with the green. ( Question - is
the center of the icon void, will light come through? )

The green light is inside the white space area too, but if Christoph
doesn't object, I'd like to allow this as an exception (we should add
"single case decision for special cases" to the wiki page [1]).

There is also use of the full contemporary Logo, and here I am
overlaying a background image...but I think this is OK here?

The background image is meant to be a background - just structured like
linen. It's color is neither too dark for the colored logo, nor one of
our accent colors (in fact it is quite near to the "Yellow 4" from our
color scheme).

Even if the background becomes slightly darker behind the last two
characters of LibreOffice, I think discrimination is still enough, so
it's OK too.

Well, I'm not really happy with the logo on the background - in three
frames I altered the layout, moving the logo and re-sizing it, in
impress..I'm hoping when I re-generate the logo from the svg file with
this new size it will clean up - if not I will be, doing something
(changing the background, just around the logo - maybe a cut-out style
nameplate..or..maybe even dropping them from the first three frames
where they are used.

The logo on the Manifesto Plaque frame is passable _IF_ one is careful
about the codec used for encoding - after I'm done, if you want, I'll
point to some of the test files I've got - some are terrible with the
logo, on a couple of different backgrounds - including white...but that
is another day conversation.

Anyway - for the first time, since starting this on Friday, I plopped
all three pieces together - none of these are final runs - so a few
oddities, such as winks, timing wise it is getting close, but not quite
yet..

http://oucv.org/libreoffice/full-pass-1.ogv.tar.gz

that's 1:23 and I expect to trim another few seconds.

It's a nice morning here, 4 AM, think I'll get a little sleep.. so, any
comments on - anything with this is appreciated - but I plan to start on
a hopefully final (or first of the final) pass on building each piece as
it and finishing sound track...tomorrow night?

Talk to you later..

Drew