Hi Drew,

I move the mail to the design list ;-)

drew schrieb:
Hi,

Thought there would be a need for a few basic web button style images so
I put a few together.

We definitely need some - thanks for the work!

http://oucv.org/libreoffice/images/buttons.html

I'll go ahead and do this each day for the next couple of days, moving
down the list of images in current svg file from the wiki and update
that page as I go.

I think we should try to create and promote a consistent set of web buttons, that follow our initial branding [1].

Perhaps it would be worthwhile to try the "contemporary logo" for web buttons, as the improved shading might fit with the 3D effect of the buttons...

As I'm still working on the mimetype icons, I can't contribute to this task (including web banners too, by the way) at the moment.

But this task is one of the most necessary in design to help spreading the word about LibreOffice over the web.

If anyone sees one they think worth keeping feel free to move it to the
wiki, or poke me to do so - otherwise I'll just update this page as I
go.

I don't know if some of the buttons shouldn't be replaced.

Some look quite pixelated (might be optimized for clearer borders), others (like libo_tdf_enh_bvl-276x65.png) don't follow the branding guidelines, as "The Document Foundation" is part of the logo and shouldn't be modified either.

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: If you want to, please move them to the wiki (and link them from the branding/ideas page [2]) together with their SVG sources, so we can take them as basis for our official button set.

[1]: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding
[2]: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding/Ideas