The Document Foundation has some limited funds for reimbursing travel
expenses. All the glory and legal details are available at
In a nutshell:
- We can cover regular hotels and regular transportation during the time
of the conference. First class travel, five-star hotels or long holiday
trips will not be paid for.
- We usually do not pay for meals and beverages, or other expenses
despite travel and lodging.
- We kindly ask you to first check if your employer can cover costs.
- As funds per event are limited, TDF members are preferred for travel
refunds, and usually, travel refunds have to be asked for in advance,
i.e. before the conference.
That being said, TDF is really keen to enable people to join
conferences, and especially given the short time before the final
schedule was finalized, we have relaxed the requirements a bit. So, if
you attended the conference, are a contributor to the project and had no
other sponsor, and can't cover costs on your own, please do make use of
our travel reimbursement option and don't be shy, even if you haven't
asked for a refund in advance. While we cannot guarantee to pay all
travel costs of everyone (our funds are limited), we promise to give our
best to make everyone happy.
In order to make us happy, please follow the formalities, which is:
1. Scan in all relevant receipts. No receipt, no reimbursement.
2. Fill in the SPI form at
- Please note that for non-US banks, you might need to provide
additional information, best ask your bank for details: some banks
employ intermediary banks for international wires, that have to be
entered into the SWIFT-MT field.
3. Pack both of that together and send it as e-mail to
email@example.com (and nowhere else)
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/conference/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- [libreoffice-conference] Travel refund for LibreOffice conference · Florian Effenberger
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy