Hello,

The Document Foundation has some limited funds for reimbursing travel expenses. All the glory and legal details are available at https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Policies

In a nutshell:

- We can cover regular hotels and regular transportation during the time of the conference. First class travel, five-star hotels or long holiday trips will not be paid for.

- We usually do not pay for meals and beverages, or other expenses despite travel and lodging.

- We kindly ask you to first check if your employer can cover costs.

- As funds per event are limited, TDF members are preferred for travel refunds, and usually, travel refunds have to be asked for in advance, i.e. before the conference.

That being said, TDF is really keen to enable people to join conferences, and especially given the short time before the final schedule was finalized, we have relaxed the requirements a bit. So, if you attended the conference, are a contributor to the project and had no other sponsor, and can't cover costs on your own, please do make use of our travel reimbursement option and don't be shy, even if you haven't asked for a refund in advance. While we cannot guarantee to pay all travel costs of everyone (our funds are limited), we promise to give our best to make everyone happy.

In order to make us happy, please follow the formalities, which is:

1. Scan in all relevant receipts. No receipt, no reimbursement.

2. Fill in the SPI form at https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/d/d9/SPI_reimbursement_request_editable.pdf - Please note that for non-US banks, you might need to provide additional information, best ask your bank for details: some banks employ intermediary banks for international wires, that have to be entered into the SWIFT-MT field.

3. Pack both of that together and send it as e-mail to treasurer@documentfoundation.org (and nowhere else)

Thanks,
Florian