Hello Frank,

this sounds like LibreOffice might not be really accessible for the scenario you describe at this point.

I suggest to create a bug report in LibreOffice Bugzilla, which allows to keep track of this issue:
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/

I recommend attaching an easy sample document (without any confidential data) and mention the exact steps you are taking with that sample document, which makes it easier to reproduce and analyze the exact issue you're encountering.

Best regards,
Michael