Hi all,

I am posting this, following a recent request from the USPTO for a VPAT
compliance record for LibreOffice. This, to me, has been a question that
I have often wondered how LibreOffice would be judged as an everyday
working tool in governmental organizations where accessibility
compliance is a must for adoption.

This led me to wonder how MSWord was responding to the growing demands
of accessibility standards both from governments as well as educational
and corporate entities.

It appears that MS has dealt with this with providing an accessibility
checker for all of its MS2010 product line and further.
[https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/improve-accessibility-with-the-accessibility-checker-a16f6de0-2f39-4a2b-8bd8-5ad801426c7f]

Knowing that accessibility compliance may be a growing issue for
institutional/corporate adoption, would it then make sense for the
TDF/LibreOffice consider taking a close look at this particular item and
perhaps adopt some kind of accessibility checker/aid for the suite?

IMO, this would show the LibreOffice project's determination to leave no
one LibreOffice project member behind due to any kind of accessibility
need that could be circumvented by some kind of accessibility checker.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré