Hello

I noticed that LibreOffice supports assistive technology (AT) and that in order for LibreOffice to
expose its information it must detect the presence of AT.
I am developing dictation software and need to know the text and caret position in a document.
Through IAccessible2 this is possible but I do not know how to let LibreOffice know that my AT is
active.

I have looked through your wiki and found this page:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Accessibility/Accessibility-dev where it explains what I just
said. It does not explain how LibreOffice detects AT.

Specifically, I'm trying to do this (copied from a post I made on your
forum<https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/192867/detecting-assistive-technology-on-windows/>):

I'm trying to use IAccessible2<https://accessibility.linuxfoundation.org/a11yspecs/ia2/docs/html/>,
specifically
caretOffset<https://accessibility.linuxfoundation.org/a11yspecs/ia2/docs/html/interface_i_accessible_text.html#ab02c838409659f949a3ca02620ffd77a>
 to gain the caret position in relation to the text surrounding it.

Using various inspection tools (aViewer<https://developer.paciellogroup.com/resources/aviewer/> and
AccProbe<https://github.com/IBMa/AccProbe>) i have been unable to gain anything from LibreOffice. I
am suspecting that this is due to LibreOffice not thinking the aforementioned tools are "AT". Which
leads me back to my question of how I am supposed to let LibreOffice know when an "AT" is in use.

For instance, I know that Chrome does the following: Chrome calls NotifyWinEvent with
EVENT_SYSTEM_ALERT and the custom object id of 1. If it subsequently receives a WM_GETOBJECT call
for that custom object id, it assumes that AT is running.

Kind regards,
Kevin Bogh Tobiasen
Support - Dictus
Tlf: 3636 0035
Mail: keto@dictus.dk<mailto:keto@dictus.dk>

Tale-til-tekst og Tekst-til-tale
Taleteknologiske løsninger til private og virksomheder
www.dictus.dk<http://www.dictus.dk/>
Tlf: +45 3636 0002