[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-accessibility] Problem using Libre office accessibility features
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-accessibility] Problem using Libre office accessibility features
- From: David Goldfield <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 20:36:02 -0400
- To: V Stuart Foote <VStuart.Foote@utsa.edu>, email@example.com
I have NVDA and Window-Eyes at home and am willing to do a bit of ad hoc testing during the long weekend. I'll submit a report, hopefully by May 30.
On 5/24/2016 5:52 PM, V Stuart Foote wrote:
Good evening,Sorry--no seat of JAWS or Windows Eyes to test against. But, NVDA functions
I've just installed Latest Libre office on my new laptop, runing a
windows 64 operating sistem... I read that it would be accessible using
screen readers like Jaws or NVDA, however, jaws doesn't provide any
speech output when navigating menus, etc. Using nvda, it certainly
brings output, but sometimes strange behaviors appear, for example,
after choosing a suggested option for a misspelled word from the context
Am I missing anything? Any help would be welcome, thanks in advance!
"out of the box" with LibreOffice exposing accessible events mapped to the
the Linux Foundations IAccessible2 v1.3 API. The project does not bridge to
MS UIA. And the old Java Accessibility API "Java Access Bridge" was stripped
out when implementing the native IAccessible2 mappings.
Of course there are issues--announcing cells for tables in Writer, and the
main content dialogs not sounding, "say all" top to bottom reading, etc.
but overall is reasonably usable.
Theoretically, JAWS and Windows Eyes provide the same level of support
reading LibreOffice exposed IAccessible2 events--but I can't verify.
View this message in context: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice-accessibility-Problem-using-Libre-office-accessibility-features-tp4184329p4184330.html
Sent from the Accessibility mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/accessibility/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-accessibility] Problem using Libre office accessibility features||Alan <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-accessibility] Problem using Libre office accessibility features||V Stuart Foote <VStuart.Foote@utsa.edu>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-accessibility] Problem using Libre office accessibility features
- Next by Date: RE: [libreoffice-accessibility] Problem using Libre office accessibility features
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-accessibility] Problem using Libre office accessibility features
- Next by thread: RE: [libreoffice-accessibility] Problem using Libre office accessibility features