Given that bugs I see on LO become a problem for users I try to help, I think the situation becomes really complicated. Orca has indeed much problems /ith latest Office (Libre/Open) releases. Bugs are difficult to describe all, but I experience: - Calc: in LO 4.3.5 or latest OOo, the braille display shows weird signs, even if the screen is blank actually. Speech synth speaks everything, but braille displays these wei!d char, and sometimes put them at the middle of 9ords (that actually, Espeak says); - Calc: if a line has a Return and is longer than the size of the cell, Calc crashes. It seems it happens mostly when Orca is enable.
- Writer: tables not readable
- Writer: when focus changes page of a document, Orca stops working. Helping Orca means pressing a letter then removing it, or moving with large movements, etc. - LO doesn't expose anything to the AT about revision mark and comments. Could we add such feature to improve collaborative work for blind people?

Sorry to open various topics, but it can enable to know if we report bugs and where.

For a regular usage of LO, these problems are critical. Is it possible to have some discuss with Orca team to see how we can improve? Is it really Orca the problem? Shouldn't Orca have some patches?

My team could try, but needs to accomplish MATE and Compiz stuff just now. Couldn't someone try starting to work on this? At least to target the bug?

Thanks,

Regards,

--

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL

accelibreinfo, votre partenaire en informatique adaptée aux déficients visuels

Mail: texou@accelibreinfo.eu

Site Web: http://www.accelibreinfo.eu