[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-accessibility] Appreciation from a LibreOffice user on the addition of IAccessible2 support
- Subject: [libreoffice-accessibility] Appreciation from a LibreOffice user on the addition of IAccessible2 support
- From: Rob Weir <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 13:15:19 -0500
- To: David Goldfield <email@example.com>
- Cc: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
I noticed your note on the LibreOffice mailing mailing list:
Since no one mentioned this on the LO mailing list, I wanted to point
out that the A11Y improvements came from the Apache OpenOffice
project. LibreOffice takes the code and merges it in with their
I'm cc'ing the OpenOffice dev mailing list so they can read your
message and your thanks.
Of course, I'm happy to see this code used by OpenOffice users as well
as LibreOffice users. My only hope is that the LibreOffice developers
will start contributing back to OpenOffice any bug fixes that they
make in this area, a common courtesy in most every other open source
project. It would be great if we could work together in this area to
better serve the community and advance our shared interest in reducing
the digital divide.
It would be wonderful as well, if you find any reproducible bugs in
this area, that you let us at Apache know as well.
Rob Weir, Apache OpenOffice
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/accessibility/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-accessibility] High contrast bug?
- Next by Date: RE: [libreoffice-accessibility] High contrast bug?
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-accessibility] Icons for 'Zoom optimal'
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-accessibility] Comments/Libreoffice 4.2 and Accessibility