Just out of curiosity, who is on this mailing list and is interested in seriously helping out with getting accessibility issues fixed with LibreOffice?

When I say "interested in seriously helping out", I mean people who would help doing some

* QA (Quality Assurance) work -- this involves helping confirming accessibility bugs, and testing fixes to the bugs. The QA Team will even help mentoring people who are willing to do this!

* helping out at conferences -- in your region -- this involves as little as dropping of pamphlets ... to as much involvement as manning a booth and discussing accessibility advantages with LibreOffice

* discussing topics here on this list and actively seeking good/solid feature suggestions for our developers ... talk is cheap, but, if talk leads to making the accessibility attributes of LibreOffice more compelling as a tool for people who are in need of an office suite with solid accessibility features, then it is worth it. If you have design ideas about the user interface relating to accessibility, then discuss it here with other accessibility members and we will help submit it to the design team.

* did you know that there is an Accessibility wiki page[1]? If you can type and have some spare time, you could help update the wiki page (cooperate with another member of the Accessibility Team or after discussing of some changes on this list) OR help beautify the wiki page. If you think there should be more information on the page for our users, then suggest it here. If you are willing to help with the wiki and don't know how to do this, we will help you. Visit the page and have a look-see![1]

"Helping" or "Contributing" do not mean putting mega hours of work; you decide on the amount of time, and, if in doubt of where/how to help, we will help you find a place where your contribution would best fit and be most appreciated.

If you are on this list and are such a person, just respond with a +1 (we don't need to hear of any -1). This will give us a better idea of how much interest of the people on this list who are willing to help and contribute. Should we put a "Members" list on the wiki for people to sign?

BTW ... in case you are wondering, seriously talking about accessibility issues on this list IS considered contributing.

Cheers,

Marc

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Accessibility

--