Hi Jason

Le 2012-11-21 23:52, Jason White a écrit :
Following the recent discussion here, I ran a simple search of Bugzilla:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=libreoffice+orca
which should pick up most of the ATK-related accessibility bugs.

What is interesting to note is that all of the bugs are open, none has been
assigned to anybody and there are no patches for any of them (unless I missed
one in my review, in which case apologies are due).

The bugs appear to have been properly reported and to be specific enough for
someone familiar with the code to fix.

This is not a complaint or a criticism and shouldn't be construed as such.

Thanks for doing this.

The bugs have been submitted correctly, but, and here is where teamwork takes place, they need to be confirmed. So, if some of the team members on this list could take a look at these bugs and either confirm or not confirm the bugs, then they will be assigned to a coder. If they are not confirmed, then they just sit there and wait for confirmation.

For example of such teamwork, I specifically work on website-related bugs, and we (the website team) will get many of our bugs worked on by devs. This is mostly due to the fact that some of us confirm the bugs or find that the bugs are really not a problem; once confirmed the devs can then get to work on these.

If some of you are unsure on how to do this, here is the procedure:

* just pick a bug
* test-try the procedure on how to replicate the bug (you should find directions on the bug ... if not just ask here on the list and somewill be able to inform you of the problem. If no one can tell you about it, just leave a note on the bug telling the original poster that you need more instructions in order to confirm the bug) * leave a comment on whether you can confirm that you can indeed make it do what it says in the bug or not.
* your are done!
* member of the QA (Quality Assurance) triage team will then try to assign the bug to an interested dev (remember that our devs are mostly volunteers)

Even better if more than one person can confirm the bug. The reason is that the dev will then know/have a contact list where she/he can ping to test-try any fixes.

(Note, that you will have to register on the Bugzille/Freedesktop site if you do not as yet have an account.)

Ping me if you need any more help with this.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré