I sometimes run the latest LibreOffice release packaged for my Linux
distribution purely for testing purposes, just to determine how its
accessibility is progressing.

This time, it didn't crash, and I was able to create a simple document
successfully. Note that I didn't spend much time testing - it is quite
possible that crashes would have occurred had I been a more demanding user.

One problem that I did encounter is the following. It is possible to create a
footnote via the insert menu. The documentation states that one can return to
the footnote mark in the text with the page-up key, which worked. However, I
couldn't find any documentation of a keyboard action to move from the footnote
mark to the footnote text, e.g., to edit it.

What's the correct keyboard operation to move to the footnote text when the
cursor is in the body of the document? I tried the context menu, which let me
change footnote options but not the text itself.

I noticed other oddities (mostly, Orca not responding to changes appropriately
under certain circumstances), but I want to wait until my system is upgraded
to AT-SPI 2 and the latest Orca before I report those issues.

While I expect to remain an Emacs and LaTeX user, I do care about LibreOffice
accessibility for those who need it, and for myself in the event that I need
to edit a document collaboratively with word processor users.

I hope someone is looking after the ATK/AT-SPI support in LibreOffice and that
it doesn't degrade due to neglect.

Wishing everyone enjoyable holidays as the end of 2011 approaches.