Hi everyone!

I need your help, dear community!

I'm planning massive deployment of LibreOffice. It means thousands of computers at Estonian public sector.

I'm planning to do it with 3.4.1 version as it will be available. It seems reasonable idea due to fact, that it is coming quite soon.

I hope to start in the first days of July 2011 - depends on version 3.4.1 release.

Could you, please, have information about silent installing of LibreOffice?

I've found the following link:
http://lodahl.blogspot.com/2011/02/silent-installation-of-libreoffice-on.html

There is important, that users will get program with Estonian language interface. How to be ensure, that any user will get it?

Is there any Document Foundation wiki article, I mean official source of such information?

I heard also of using some Active Directory service for massive deployment but could not find yet any instruction for that. I don't use Windows Server and therefore don't have experience with that.

Is it possible to use original .exe files downloaded from http://www.libreoffice.org/download/ ? I mean I download these .exe files, put them into my internal network or local website in Estonia and deploy from there.

When new version comes out, there is also necessary deploy new version - will LibreOffice install old version over or is there necessary to uninstall old version at first? If yes, are there silent uninstall parameters?

###

Certainly, massive deployment is important also at Linux and Mac OS environments but these are much more smaller environments and can be handled separately. I have already some experience about uninstalling OpenOffice.org and installing LibreOffice.org over SSH and over network in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

Also I try to use Linux distros, where LibreOffice is already installed (currently Ubuntu 11.04, Fedora 15 as far as I know).

Thank you in Advance,
Edmund Laugasson

--
Postiloendist lahkumiseks saada kiri aadressile users+help@et.libreoffice.org
Kõik loendisse saadetud kirjad arhiveeritakse avalikult ja neid kustutada ei saa